Home » News » Public Safety
Residents evacuated during Lebanon fire
Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at 21 Spencer St. at 12:44 p.m. found smoke coming from an apartment in the 80-unit complex.
While some residents had evacuated when the alarms sounded, some with impaired mobility had to be helped from the building, according to a fire department press release. Emergency responders from Lebanon fire and police departments as well as New Hampshire State Police helped evacuate the building.
A fire department press release said the building's sprinkler system had extinguished the fire in the apartment where it started. There was some water damage to several units below that apartment, and one resident had to be relocated.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Firefighters and equipment from Hanover, Enfield and Hartford, Vt., provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council