Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Mite not be best idea to live on light, cheese
Our back page last week carried the odd story of a Seattle woman who has given up trying to live on light and a bit of tea "with a splash of milk."
Gives a whole new meaning to the term "light lunch," doesn't it? I must have been out golfing when this new trend began. It is called "breatharianism" and it is a belief that sunshine can substitute for food. Coincidentally, the woman's last name is Shine.
But wait, there's more.
Little Ms. Shine, age 65, has given up on her project in part because she has run out of money.
She might try living on cheese. I hear some varieties have plenty of protein.
U.S. cheese lovers are upset with the government banning certain French cheeses because, the feds say, the cheese has too many mites.
That's mites, as in little bugs crawling around in the rounds. But the cheese sellers say the mites are a necessary part of the cheese.
Ms. Shine said it wasn't just a lack of money that made her turn off her light diet. She also cited public reaction.
I'm not afraid to ask questions. Here is one: Now that medicinal marijuana is coming to New Hampshire, can joint sessions of the Legislature be far behind?
One more: Will Cap'n Crunch be promoted? Turns out the little guy on the cereal box has been wearing a uniform with not enough stripes to qualify for captaincy. The country is going to heck, I fear.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Newspapers save democracy, one edition at a time - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Bradlee, B.J. and a heavenly forgiveness - 1
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 6
- No Columbus Day celebration, but we'll always have our Festivus poles - 3
- You don't have to be a kid to earn a time-out for your actions - 4
- Publisher's Notebook: Cigars, memories and bending phones - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Not every human gets elected, but that chicken certainly pecked away at the legal system - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Voting is your stamp on the future - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs