Derry soup kitchen hits fundraising goal
The soup kitchen, which currently has its offices located on Crystal Avenue and shares a kitchen with the neighboring First Baptist Church to prepare meals, raised $50,000 earlier this spring to help find a new location. By raising that money, the soup kitchen became eligible for an additional $50,000 in funds from an unnamed local donor.
However, space and efficiency is at a premium for the soup kitchen staff, volunteers, and the dozens of people it serves each day.With the kitchen reaching its fundraising goal, Program Director Christine Fudula said the soup kitchen will soon begin the next step of looking for a new location.
"We are going to stay in Derry and in the downtown area," she said. "It's very important, because as many as 50 percent of the people walk here."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Market Basket workers rally, urged to 'shut it down' until ousted CEO returns - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 7
- On Baseball: NH's Anderson glad to be back - 0
- Republican congressional candidate Lambert says he'd serve only 3 terms - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
DWI License Revocations
Market Basket shelves growing bare
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507