Derry soup kitchen hits fundraising goal
The soup kitchen, which currently has its offices located on Crystal Avenue and shares a kitchen with the neighboring First Baptist Church to prepare meals, raised $50,000 earlier this spring to help find a new location. By raising that money, the soup kitchen became eligible for an additional $50,000 in funds from an unnamed local donor.
However, space and efficiency is at a premium for the soup kitchen staff, volunteers, and the dozens of people it serves each day.With the kitchen reaching its fundraising goal, Program Director Christine Fudula said the soup kitchen will soon begin the next step of looking for a new location.
"We are going to stay in Derry and in the downtown area," she said. "It's very important, because as many as 50 percent of the people walk here."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
- Should a 13-year-old have a TV in their bedroom?
- Total Votes: 547