Home » News » Public Safety
‘Cop on Top’ fundraiser benefits Special Olympics in Portsmouth
The five-hour “Cop on Top” fundraising effort garnered over $1,500, raised awareness for Special Olympics New Hampshire, and provided some laughter for Sunday shoppers.
“Cop on Top” was a new idea this year. Four local law enforcement officers — Newington Master Patrolman Seth Applebaum, Greenland Patrolman Mike Gobbi, Rye Sgt. Scott Blaisdell and Newington Patrolman James Hoyt — braved the blazing sun to wave at visitors and raise money for the organization.
Behind the megaphone, Ray Jacques, regional district manager of Bozzuto’s, McKinnon’s grocery distributor, strongly encouraged every passerby to donate money, even using his booming voice to stop cars driving through the parking lot.
It was so much fun they plan to go back this year and were on hand at McKinnon’s on Sunday to support the fundraising effort and raise awareness for the ride.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
- Conn. pair injured in ATV rollover in Henniker - 0
- Boy injured on bicycle, hit by pickup in Keene - 0
- Manchester driver dead in crash on I-293 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back - 0
- Texas governor to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to border - 0
- New college are graduates hit by slow wage growth - 0
- Stocks finish the day slightly lower - 0
- Business economists say sales, hiring and pay are up - 0
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Market Basket customers gather in Portsmouth to support workers - 0
- In North Country, hospitals ink deal to join forces - 0
DWI License Revocations
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility