Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Blackhawks stun Bruins to win Stanley Cup
With 58.3 seconds to go, Dave Bolland knocked a rebound home from the left side to give the Blackhawks their first lead of the game.
Lucic's go-ahead goal came off a mishandled puck behind the net got Chicago goalie Corey Crawford. A second giveaway gave David Krecji the puck behind the net.
Chicago seemed to find its game in the second period, pushing back and scoring the lone goal of the frame to tie the game at 1-1 on a tally from Blackhawks captain Toews at 4:24.
The scoring play started with a neutral ice faceoff. Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara got caught flat-footed on the right wing boards and Michal Rozsival chipped the puck ahead to Toews, who raced in and snapped a shot through Rask's five-hole.
Boston controlled the first period and emerged from the initial 20:00 with a 1-0 lead thanks to a Chris Kelly goal at 7:19.
The goal came after a faceoff win in the Chicago end. Daniel Paille chipped the puck to the slot where Tyler Seguin grabbed it out of the air, dropped it to his stick and then quickly backhanded a pass across the top of the crease to Kelly on the right post for a quick finish into the open cage before Crawford could get across.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice