Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Injuries cloud the picture for Stanley Cup Game 6
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron was taken to a Chicago hospital during the third period with an undisclosed injury. He was released Sunday and was cleared to travel back to Boston with the team.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews sat out the third period with an upper-body injury after taking a hard hit to the head area on a check on Boston defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period.
Sportsnet reported that Bergeron might have injured his spleen. Bob McKenzie of TSN said Sunday that report wasn’t valid.
If Bergeron is not able to return for Game 6 tonight in Boston, it would be a huge loss for the Bruins. He leads the team during the Stanley Cup Final with four goals and 19 shots on goal.
“We’re hopeful he’ll be ready next game, upper-body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is tomorrow. I checked on him a couple times there. I think he wanted to play, but we’ll see.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 4
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice