Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Trial of Dover man delayed pending lab test for date rape drug
BRENTWOOD – A woman who says she was drugged by a convicted sex offender before he sexually assaulted her friend tested positive for Gamma-Hydroxybutyric Acid, commonly known as a date rape drug, prosecutors said.
However, the drug did not turn up in test results for the woman who Aaron Bonds, 44, of Dover, is accused of sexually assaulting at a Portsmouth apartment last July 11, according to court records.
Prosecutors were recently allowed to delay Bonds' trial – set to begin this month -- until the week of Sept. 30 so that a state lab worker can write an expert report to interpret the test results.
Bonds is charged with three counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault and a single count of dispensing a controlled drug.
He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and is being held pending trial.
Prosecutors say that Bonds met up with two of the women at a Portsmouth restaurant on the night of the July 11, providing them with cocaine allegedly laced with another drug.
A third woman joined the trio at an apartment later in the night and also ingested the drug, according to police.
The 26-year-old woman was unable to move when Bonds “approached her from behind and committed acts of sexual assault,” Assistant County Attorney Brad Bolton said in a court motion.
Prosecutors said that the woman had “cocaine, and buphrenorphine (suboxone)” in her system when she provided a urine sample collected at a local hospital.
The other woman who was not assaulted but ingested cocaine allegedly provided by Bonds had the GHB drug in her system. No results were disclosed regarding the third woman.
Bonds, who is being held at the Strafford County jail, was convicted in another sexual assault case in 2003. In the latest case, he could be sentenced 20 to 40 years in state prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the sexual assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483