Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Trial of Dover man delayed pending lab test for date rape drug
BRENTWOOD – A woman who says she was drugged by a convicted sex offender before he sexually assaulted her friend tested positive for Gamma-Hydroxybutyric Acid, commonly known as a date rape drug, prosecutors said.
However, the drug did not turn up in test results for the woman who Aaron Bonds, 44, of Dover, is accused of sexually assaulting at a Portsmouth apartment last July 11, according to court records.
Prosecutors were recently allowed to delay Bonds' trial – set to begin this month -- until the week of Sept. 30 so that a state lab worker can write an expert report to interpret the test results.
Bonds is charged with three counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault and a single count of dispensing a controlled drug.
He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and is being held pending trial.
Prosecutors say that Bonds met up with two of the women at a Portsmouth restaurant on the night of the July 11, providing them with cocaine allegedly laced with another drug.
A third woman joined the trio at an apartment later in the night and also ingested the drug, according to police.
The 26-year-old woman was unable to move when Bonds “approached her from behind and committed acts of sexual assault,” Assistant County Attorney Brad Bolton said in a court motion.
Prosecutors said that the woman had “cocaine, and buphrenorphine (suboxone)” in her system when she provided a urine sample collected at a local hospital.
The other woman who was not assaulted but ingested cocaine allegedly provided by Bonds had the GHB drug in her system. No results were disclosed regarding the third woman.
Bonds, who is being held at the Strafford County jail, was convicted in another sexual assault case in 2003. In the latest case, he could be sentenced 20 to 40 years in state prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the sexual assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Celtics hammer Knicks - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424