Derry district gets set to spruce up the schools
Custodians and college students will be busy with maintenance, moving and general repairs during the summer, although the staffing might be a little lower than in past years, according to Jane Simard, the district’s business manager.
Unlike last summer, when the floor to the gym at the West Running Brook Middle School was replaced, there are no single large projects on the horizon.
Simard said she will keep the School Board updated over the coming months on the work done by the custodial staff at the district’s five elementary and two middle schools.
“They are going to be doing lawn work as well as painting and working in the warehouse, bringing materials to the schools,” said Simard. “They are really helpful, but the crew has been cut down significantly.”
“The schools will be very busy,” she said. “There will be a list sent out of all the work that will be done.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383