Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Northwood man pleads guilty to assault charge involving 11-year-old girl
Eddy James Folland, 48, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault as part of a negotiated disposition with county prosecutors.
Folland waived indictment on the second-degree assault charge and pleaded guilty on June 12 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
He was sentenced to the two- to four-year prison term at the conclusion of the hearing. Folland admitted as part of his plea that he caused "serious bodily injury" and "lasting psychological harm" to the girl on March 19, 2010.
Prosecutors dropped all the remaining charges in the case, including three counts of felonious sexual assault and a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault as part of the agreement.
He had been accused of engaging in sexual acts with the girl between March 2012 and March 2012, according to court records.
The plea agreement was struck just before Folland was expected to go on trial on the sexual assault charges. His trial was expected to begin Monday.
Folland has already spent roughly 317 days behind bars awaiting trial. That time will count toward his state prison sentence.
As part of his sentence, Folland was barred by Judge Marguerite Wageling from having any contact direct or indirect contact with the girl – even through third parties - for at least a decade.
Prior to the plea deal, public defenders were seeking records from Facebook to aid in Folland's defense. A judge approved a request to obtain records from the social networking giant, but lawyers for Facebook reviewed the order and refused to turn over the materials.
Public defenders acknowledged in court filings that it was unlikely they would have enough time to pursue the issue.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 1
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483