Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
AG finds Manchester officers justified in shots fired during chase June 3
Foster said Wednesday that the officers involved in the shooting had reason to fear for the public safety as well as their own after the driver rammed a police SUV and accelerated toward officers who were on foot.
The first shots took out a tire in the Jeep, but the driver continued with the chase and more shots were fired into the vehicle. Christopher Varagianis was hit twice in the leg and was eventually taken into custody after the Jeep was boxed in by police vehicles on Merrimack Street.
Varagianis faces felony charges of attempted first-degree assault and two counts of reckless conduct. He also faces misdemeanors of disobeying a police officer and resisting arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 13
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 5
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 2
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 11
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 2
- Jarrett M. Cote - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917