Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG finds Manchester officers justified in shots fired during chase June 3
Foster said Wednesday that the officers involved in the shooting had reason to fear for the public safety as well as their own after the driver rammed a police SUV and accelerated toward officers who were on foot.
The first shots took out a tire in the Jeep, but the driver continued with the chase and more shots were fired into the vehicle. Christopher Varagianis was hit twice in the leg and was eventually taken into custody after the Jeep was boxed in by police vehicles on Merrimack Street.
Varagianis faces felony charges of attempted first-degree assault and two counts of reckless conduct. He also faces misdemeanors of disobeying a police officer and resisting arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483