Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
AG says Manchester man justified in shooting home invader
Ian Peters, 38, shot the unarmed 24-year-old man after he and a second unidentified man kicked in the door to Peters' 430 Lake Ave. apartment about 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, June 9. Larocque was shot in the arm and abdomen and died at the scene.
A four-page summary of an investigation into the shooting says Larocque and the other man went to the Lake Avenue apartment with the intent of harming Peters, who was at home with his fiancee and her three-year-old son.
It was reasonable for Peters to conclude that Larocque and the other man who forced their way into his apartment "were likely to use any unlawful force against Peters, his fiancee, or her child, during the commission of a burglary or some other felony. Therefore, Ian Peters' subsequent use of deadly force was legally justified," under state law, according to the investigation.
Police said the investigation into the home invasion itself is continuing in an attempt to hold the other home invader and any other participants accountable for their actions.
Around midnight, the fiancee, who authorities did not identify, received text messages from someone she knew. The messages turned confrontational and threatening. The couple was in bed when, about two hours later, they heard footsteps on the porch outside their bedroom.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424