Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
AG says Manchester man justified in shooting home invader
Ian Peters, 38, shot the unarmed 24-year-old man after he and a second unidentified man kicked in the door to Peters' 430 Lake Ave. apartment about 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, June 9. Larocque was shot in the arm and abdomen and died at the scene.
A four-page summary of an investigation into the shooting says Larocque and the other man went to the Lake Avenue apartment with the intent of harming Peters, who was at home with his fiancee and her three-year-old son.
It was reasonable for Peters to conclude that Larocque and the other man who forced their way into his apartment "were likely to use any unlawful force against Peters, his fiancee, or her child, during the commission of a burglary or some other felony. Therefore, Ian Peters' subsequent use of deadly force was legally justified," under state law, according to the investigation.
Police said the investigation into the home invasion itself is continuing in an attempt to hold the other home invader and any other participants accountable for their actions.
Around midnight, the fiancee, who authorities did not identify, received text messages from someone she knew. The messages turned confrontational and threatening. The couple was in bed when, about two hours later, they heard footsteps on the porch outside their bedroom.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917