Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Mass. man accused of assaulting K-mart employee in shoplifting case
The loss prevention officer, who was not identified in a police news release, was taken to a local hospital where police said he was treated for a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a possible concussion.
The incident happened about 7:20 pm. The employee confronted the man outside the store after seeing him allegedly shoplift.
The man punched the employee in the face and then ran off towards Route 28. The employee told police that as the man told him he had a knife and threatened to stab him.
Officer Ryan Sambataro saw the man running through traffic on Route 28 North, caught up to him and took the knife away from him after a brief struggle.
He then arrested the man, identified as Carmelo Baez, 35, of Lawrence, for second degree assault; criminal threatening with a weapon; resisting arrest; disorderly conduct, and on an electronic bench warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917