Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Mass. man accused of assaulting K-mart employee in shoplifting case
The loss prevention officer, who was not identified in a police news release, was taken to a local hospital where police said he was treated for a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a possible concussion.
The incident happened about 7:20 pm. The employee confronted the man outside the store after seeing him allegedly shoplift.
The man punched the employee in the face and then ran off towards Route 28. The employee told police that as the man told him he had a knife and threatened to stab him.
Officer Ryan Sambataro saw the man running through traffic on Route 28 North, caught up to him and took the knife away from him after a brief struggle.
He then arrested the man, identified as Carmelo Baez, 35, of Lawrence, for second degree assault; criminal threatening with a weapon; resisting arrest; disorderly conduct, and on an electronic bench warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 26
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917