Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Via Skype, former inmate sues Valley Street jail guards
A Canadian deported from the United States after serving a prison term, he has been appearing in Hillsborough County Superior Court via the audio-video link Skype to sue three correction officers from the Valley Street Jail over his pre-trail confinement seven years ago.
After various rulings, the case has boiled down to three defendants — Vincent Williams, now a lieutenant at the jail; Todd Gordon, now a sergeant, and Nicholas Granville, who is now a Derry police officer.
At the time, he told the corrections officers he would sue them and started hitting himself in the head, said Sgt. Ryan Levierge.
Earlier Tuesday, Thompson’s public defender testified that when he visited him in May, his client had bruises on his face and scratched eye glasses.
Gordon Fuller said toilet flushes would drown out much of the sound from the cells.
Three separate trials are being held involving the defendants. In May, a jury ruled in favor of the defendants over Juan Marquez. A trial is expected later this summer involving claims brought by Christopher Robinson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424