Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Via Skype, former inmate sues Valley Street jail guards
A Canadian deported from the United States after serving a prison term, he has been appearing in Hillsborough County Superior Court via the audio-video link Skype to sue three correction officers from the Valley Street Jail over his pre-trail confinement seven years ago.
After various rulings, the case has boiled down to three defendants — Vincent Williams, now a lieutenant at the jail; Todd Gordon, now a sergeant, and Nicholas Granville, who is now a Derry police officer.
At the time, he told the corrections officers he would sue them and started hitting himself in the head, said Sgt. Ryan Levierge.
Earlier Tuesday, Thompson’s public defender testified that when he visited him in May, his client had bruises on his face and scratched eye glasses.
Gordon Fuller said toilet flushes would drown out much of the sound from the cells.
Three separate trials are being held involving the defendants. In May, a jury ruled in favor of the defendants over Juan Marquez. A trial is expected later this summer involving claims brought by Christopher Robinson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 1
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483