Derry voters approve revised contract for educational assistants
The new contract passed by four votes at a special school district election yesterday, 356-352.
The two sides initially came to an agreement earlier this year, but that proposed three-year contract was voted down by residents at the March town election.
The new contract includes smaller pay raises for paraprofessionals over the next three years and will cost about $27,000 less than the original agreement over the course of the contract.
The money to cover the cost of the pay increases are in the approved 2013-14 school year budget, according to school board member Neal Ochs.
The new agreement calls for pay increases of 10 cents per hour the first year, 15 cents the second year, and 15 cents the third year. Originally, the contract called for a 15 cent raise the first year and a 25 cent raise in the third year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 10
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 26
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 12
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383