Derry voters approve revised contract for educational assistants
The new contract passed by four votes at a special school district election yesterday, 356-352.
The two sides initially came to an agreement earlier this year, but that proposed three-year contract was voted down by residents at the March town election.
The new contract includes smaller pay raises for paraprofessionals over the next three years and will cost about $27,000 less than the original agreement over the course of the contract.
The money to cover the cost of the pay increases are in the approved 2013-14 school year budget, according to school board member Neal Ochs.
The new agreement calls for pay increases of 10 cents per hour the first year, 15 cents the second year, and 15 cents the third year. Originally, the contract called for a 15 cent raise the first year and a 25 cent raise in the third year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 73
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 57
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 59
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America