Derry voters approve revised contract for educational assistants
The new contract passed by four votes at a special school district election yesterday, 356-352.
The two sides initially came to an agreement earlier this year, but that proposed three-year contract was voted down by residents at the March town election.
The new contract includes smaller pay raises for paraprofessionals over the next three years and will cost about $27,000 less than the original agreement over the course of the contract.
The money to cover the cost of the pay increases are in the approved 2013-14 school year budget, according to school board member Neal Ochs.
The new agreement calls for pay increases of 10 cents per hour the first year, 15 cents the second year, and 15 cents the third year. Originally, the contract called for a 15 cent raise the first year and a 25 cent raise in the third year.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua South edges Manchester Memorial in girls soccer action - 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 8
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 9
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 5
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright