Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Littleton murder brings indictment for Vt. man
She told police she was attacked from behind by someone she didn’t know. Houghton was then taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where she died that night from a severe neck wound, according to the medical examiner’s findings the following day.
Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Susan Morrell said then that Hill was charged with alternative second-degree murder counts for either “knowingly” or “recklessly” causing the death of Houghton, a San Francisco Bay-area resident who was in the North Country at the time to fulfill her duties as a trustee of The Mountain School in nearby Bethlehem.
Hill, meanwhile, remains held without bail at the Grafton County jail in North Haverhill where he has been since January. Morrell said last month he has been undergoing a psychological evaluation to help determine whether he’s competent to stand trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 2
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 36
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917