Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Littleton murder brings indictment for Vt. man
Rodney A. Hill, 37, of West Davville, Vt., is led into Littleton District Court Tuesday afternoon. The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office charged him with second-degree murder in the stabbing and slashing death of Catherine Houghton, 70. (POOL PHOTO, PAUL HAYES, CALEDONIAN-RECORD, ST. JOHNSBURY, VT.)
She told police she was attacked from behind by someone she didn’t know. Houghton was then taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where she died that night from a severe neck wound, according to the medical examiner’s findings the following day.
Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Susan Morrell said then that Hill was charged with alternative second-degree murder counts for either “knowingly” or “recklessly” causing the death of Houghton, a San Francisco Bay-area resident who was in the North Country at the time to fulfill her duties as a trustee of The Mountain School in nearby Bethlehem.
Hill, meanwhile, remains held without bail at the Grafton County jail in North Haverhill where he has been since January. Morrell said last month he has been undergoing a psychological evaluation to help determine whether he’s competent to stand trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424