Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Prosecutors: Seabrook mom forced children to consume bleach
Wendy Wright, 33, of 15 True Road, will face two counts of attempted first-degree assault when she is released from a Boston hospital where she is undergoing treatment for unspecified injuries.
Rockingham County Attorney James Reams announced the charges on Friday morning, a little more than a week after a medical call was made from Wright's home.
Police and emergency medical technicians were called to the home around 7 p.m. last Tuesday night.
Reams said on Friday morning that Wright attempted to cause "serious bodily injury" to the two children, ages 6 and 7, whose custody will now be resolved through the family court.
Wright is still being held in a Boston hospital.
She is expected to be arrested by Massachusetts authorities as a fugitive from justice, and subsequently returned to New Hampshire once she is released from the hospital, according to Reams.
"This investigation is ongoing and Seabrook detectives are following up on many leads. Final charging decisions will be made after all leads have been followed to their logical conclusions," Reams said in a released statement.
Wright faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the first-degree assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483