Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Prosecutors: Seabrook mom forced children to consume bleach
Wendy Wright, 33, of 15 True Road, will face two counts of attempted first-degree assault when she is released from a Boston hospital where she is undergoing treatment for unspecified injuries.
Rockingham County Attorney James Reams announced the charges on Friday morning, a little more than a week after a medical call was made from Wright's home.
Police and emergency medical technicians were called to the home around 7 p.m. last Tuesday night.
Reams said on Friday morning that Wright attempted to cause "serious bodily injury" to the two children, ages 6 and 7, whose custody will now be resolved through the family court.
Wright is still being held in a Boston hospital.
She is expected to be arrested by Massachusetts authorities as a fugitive from justice, and subsequently returned to New Hampshire once she is released from the hospital, according to Reams.
"This investigation is ongoing and Seabrook detectives are following up on many leads. Final charging decisions will be made after all leads have been followed to their logical conclusions," Reams said in a released statement.
Wright faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the first-degree assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917