Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Prosecutors: Seabrook mom forced children to consume bleach
Wendy Wright, 33, of 15 True Road, will face two counts of attempted first-degree assault when she is released from a Boston hospital where she is undergoing treatment for unspecified injuries.
Rockingham County Attorney James Reams announced the charges on Friday morning, a little more than a week after a medical call was made from Wright's home.
Police and emergency medical technicians were called to the home around 7 p.m. last Tuesday night.
Reams said on Friday morning that Wright attempted to cause "serious bodily injury" to the two children, ages 6 and 7, whose custody will now be resolved through the family court.
Wright is still being held in a Boston hospital.
She is expected to be arrested by Massachusetts authorities as a fugitive from justice, and subsequently returned to New Hampshire once she is released from the hospital, according to Reams.
"This investigation is ongoing and Seabrook detectives are following up on many leads. Final charging decisions will be made after all leads have been followed to their logical conclusions," Reams said in a released statement.
Wright faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the first-degree assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424