Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Prosecutors: Seabrook mom forced children to consume bleach
Wendy Wright, 33, of 15 True Road, will face two counts of attempted first-degree assault when she is released from a Boston hospital where she is undergoing treatment for unspecified injuries.
Rockingham County Attorney James Reams announced the charges on Friday morning, a little more than a week after a medical call was made from Wright's home.
Police and emergency medical technicians were called to the home around 7 p.m. last Tuesday night.
Reams said on Friday morning that Wright attempted to cause "serious bodily injury" to the two children, ages 6 and 7, whose custody will now be resolved through the family court.
Wright is still being held in a Boston hospital.
She is expected to be arrested by Massachusetts authorities as a fugitive from justice, and subsequently returned to New Hampshire once she is released from the hospital, according to Reams.
"This investigation is ongoing and Seabrook detectives are following up on many leads. Final charging decisions will be made after all leads have been followed to their logical conclusions," Reams said in a released statement.
Wright faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison and a $4,000 fine on each of the first-degree assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 3
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 17
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins