Nashua police rapped for killing pit bull attacking man on city street
However, Nashua Police Capt. Bruce Hansen said the shooting was an isolated incident and had nothing to do with the fact that the dog was a pit bull.
Nashua resident Tina Bennett did have the brown and white pit bull that belongs to her brother, Michael, leashed and under control Wednesday morning around 11 a.m., when she left her home for a walk.
"I think you would have to ask Mr. Goba if he feels the police acted too quickly," said Hansen, who added the patrol officers feared he was being seriously injured by the dog.
"The bite was about as big as a softball," said Hansen. "It was nasty."
According to neighbors who saw him later in the day, Goba said he was feeling fine.
However, she also said Bennett has been trying to breed his male dog with a neighbor's female pit bull.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four