Fisher Cats' streak halted by Sea Dogs
Haeger allowed seven hits, struck out seven and walked no one over his eight innings. Jeremy Kehrt finished up for the Sea Dogs.
Clint Robinson's two-out home run in the bottom of the ninth accounted for the only Fisher Cat run.
Portland struck first for a pair of runs in the top of the fourth inning.
Michael Almanzar led off with a single to left and went to second on a throwing error by left fielder Brian Van Kirk. After a ground out, Almanzar scored on a Vazquez single to left.
Haeger and the Sea Dogs made the lead stand up.
Peter Hissey helped end the fourth inning when his strong throw from right field nailed Brad Glenn who as trying to score from first on Clint Robinson's long single.
Almanzar doubled in Garin Cecchini, who had doubled to lead off the ninth, to make it 5-0.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840