Fisher Cats' streak halted by Sea Dogs
Haeger allowed seven hits, struck out seven and walked no one over his eight innings. Jeremy Kehrt finished up for the Sea Dogs.
Clint Robinson's two-out home run in the bottom of the ninth accounted for the only Fisher Cat run.
Portland struck first for a pair of runs in the top of the fourth inning.
Michael Almanzar led off with a single to left and went to second on a throwing error by left fielder Brian Van Kirk. After a ground out, Almanzar scored on a Vazquez single to left.
Haeger and the Sea Dogs made the lead stand up.
Peter Hissey helped end the fourth inning when his strong throw from right field nailed Brad Glenn who as trying to score from first on Clint Robinson's long single.
Almanzar doubled in Garin Cecchini, who had doubled to lead off the ninth, to make it 5-0.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 1
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840