Home » Opinion » Editorials
SEA wants more, even though it means layoffs
There is no more give in the state budget that the Legislature passed and the governor signed on Friday. In fact, to come up with the dough to fund the 6-percent hikes, some of those very state workers are going to be laid off. This may include some of the best workers, but no doubt union seniority will prevail.
Then it can also be time to throw some of the brothers under the bus. Perhaps they expect to hold out for more dough and make Maggie the fall girl, if even more layoffs ensue?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’