Roger Brown's First & 10: Holt's defense earns him MVP
The East completed 2 of its 5 pass attempts for 26 yards. The West recorded two sacks.
Nashua North linebacker/defensive end Deric Wagner recorded a game-high 10 tackles. The West received 9½ tackles from Bedford linebacker David Cannone and 7½ from Stevens linebacker C.J. Gosselin.
Two veteran high school and college coaches ran the defenses Saturday. Ken Sciacca was the East's defensive coordinator, and Paul Lavigne ran the West defense.
Lavigne, who ran a 50 defense, coached at Stevens of Claremont, Milford, Manchester West, Manchester Memorial and Inter-Lakes of Meredith. He also coached at St. Anselm and Plymouth State.
Entering the game Exeter's Logan Laurent seemed to give the East an edge in the kicking game, but Souhegan of Amherst's Tyler Ford was one of the West's unsung heroes because of his punting.
"In pregame my punts were OK, but they weren't going that far," Ford said. "Then when the game started the adrenaline kicked in and I started feeling it."
The West averaged 3.6 yards per play. The East averaged 3.5. ... According to CHaD officials, the game raised $301,500, which included $48,000 in in-kind donations (uniforms, food, etc.). ... This year's attendance was 1,591. A crowd of 1,202 attended last year's inaugural game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed