Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Feds ask for 10 years in jail for Rwandan 'mass murderer' they allowed into the country
The government said Munyenyezi belonged to the ruling Hutu party and was a ring leader of its extremist youth militia.
An estimated 800,000 mostly ethnic Tutsis were killed in the three-month period from April to early July 1994 that is known as the Rwandan genocide.
But prosecutors claim the facts about which Munyenyezi lied form the basis of the crimes for which she was convicted and cannot be separated from them.
Munyenyezi's husband, Shalom Ntahobali, and his mother, Pauline Nyiramasuhuko, were tried before the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and convicted in 2011 of genocide and human rights violations.
Munyenyezi moved to New Hampshire in 2002, where she worked as a court interpreter and for the Manchester Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917