PSNH electric bills should be lower
A user of 500 kilowatt hours of electricity per month will now pay $87.75 per month, a reduction of $4.68.
Public Service will reduce its energy service rate by 9.6 percent,. from 9.54 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 8.62 cents, and take a .61 cent reduction in its "stranded cost recovery" fee, which represents some of the costs brought on by the restructuring of the electric energy to promote competition.
The company will boost what it charges customers for transmission of electricity from 1.359 cents to 1.714 cents per kWh.
PSNH will increase the money it sets aside for major storms every year by $5 million to $12 million annually.
During its review of two lengthy mass power outages in the state, the severe ice storm of December 2008 and the Halloween snowstorm in 2011, the PUC recommended that the utility "pre-stage" by bringing in crews and equipment from elsewhere in the country in advance of major storms. In its decision, the commission noted that the company did just that prior to four big storms last winter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 8
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen