PSNH electric bills should be lower
A user of 500 kilowatt hours of electricity per month will now pay $87.75 per month, a reduction of $4.68.
Public Service will reduce its energy service rate by 9.6 percent,. from 9.54 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 8.62 cents, and take a .61 cent reduction in its "stranded cost recovery" fee, which represents some of the costs brought on by the restructuring of the electric energy to promote competition.
The company will boost what it charges customers for transmission of electricity from 1.359 cents to 1.714 cents per kWh.
PSNH will increase the money it sets aside for major storms every year by $5 million to $12 million annually.
During its review of two lengthy mass power outages in the state, the severe ice storm of December 2008 and the Halloween snowstorm in 2011, the PUC recommended that the utility "pre-stage" by bringing in crews and equipment from elsewhere in the country in advance of major storms. In its decision, the commission noted that the company did just that prior to four big storms last winter.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
- New Hampshire motorists decry hike in fuel tax - 26
- UPDATED: Power restored after 2,000 customers go without in Manchester's downtown - 0
- Company behind Groton wind plant promotes emergency plan - 0
- Citizens protest Hollis pipeline as town awaits project details - 1
- Spanish explosives distributor to lease Alexandria land to wind farm developer - 2
- Boost for Northern Pass partners? - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax