PSNH electric bills should be lower
A user of 500 kilowatt hours of electricity per month will now pay $87.75 per month, a reduction of $4.68.
Public Service will reduce its energy service rate by 9.6 percent,. from 9.54 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 8.62 cents, and take a .61 cent reduction in its "stranded cost recovery" fee, which represents some of the costs brought on by the restructuring of the electric energy to promote competition.
The company will boost what it charges customers for transmission of electricity from 1.359 cents to 1.714 cents per kWh.
PSNH will increase the money it sets aside for major storms every year by $5 million to $12 million annually.
During its review of two lengthy mass power outages in the state, the severe ice storm of December 2008 and the Halloween snowstorm in 2011, the PUC recommended that the utility "pre-stage" by bringing in crews and equipment from elsewhere in the country in advance of major storms. In its decision, the commission noted that the company did just that prior to four big storms last winter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children