Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire destroys Warren home; firefighter treated for heat exhaustion
Flames were reported at the two-story home of Julian Locke by a cell phone caller at about 3 a.m., said Fire Chief Ed Raymond.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they couldn't do much to save the home.
"It was fully involved when we got there, we couldn't save it," Raymond said.
The extent of the damage was so severe that fire investigators don't know where the fire started, much less how it started, he said.
"The whole building, particularly one end, burned completely, we don't know where to start," he said, adding that investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office had been called to the scene.
One firefighter, who Raymond did not identify, was taken to Concord Hospital suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion. The injured firefighter returned to the scene to observe later in the morning, he said.
"He's fine," Raymond said.
Locke and his family were on vacation overseas and the home was not occupied at the time of the fire, Raymond said. They were expected to return home late Monday or Tuesday, and they have been put in contact with the Red Cross for shelter, he said.
The fire was under control within an hour, and firefighters were on the scene until about 9:30 a.m., he said.
Fire departments from Webster, Contocook, Salisbury, Boscawen, Henniker, Bow, Sutton, and Bradford joined town firefighters in battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Firefighters battle intense body shop fire in Derry - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Widow of murdered Rumney chiropractor says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- U.S. hits Islamic State south of Baghdad in first strike under new Obama orders - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats