A special celebration for New Boston
For 82 years, New Boston has pulled out all the stops for Independence Day. The parade that winds through town is a perennial favorite, and the events at the 4-H fairgrounds offer lots of entertainment, but this year is going to be extra special, said Kerri Kelley, chairman of the 250th committee.
“We’ve really upped the fireworks this year so as long as the weather cooperates, they’re going to be amazing,” she said.
For the organizers of the town’s 250th celebration, Fourth of July marks a sort of halfway point in a year’s worth of activities, and Kelley said everyone’s pleased at how all of the events held thus far have turned out.
On July 7, the Historical Society will host an open house from 1 to 4 p.m., and at 6 p.m. there will be a band concert and ice cream social at the Gazebo.
For more information, visit www.newbostonnh.gov.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.