Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecutors defend search in Plaistow child abuse case
Police found videos of Roland Dow, 27, of Plaistow, and his girlfriend, Jessica Linscott, 23, allegedly coaching the boy on what to say about his bruises and burns prior to an interview with a child advocacy worker on Oct. 23.
Prosecutors asked a judge this week to consolidate all charges against Dow into one trial, while fighting the defense's first bid to have evidence in his case thrown out.
"The videos that are detailed in the affidavit are horrifying," Zaino said in a court motion. "They show that the defendant was aware of what was going on and the very severe nature of the victim's injuries. Nevertheless, the defendant chose to video record these events over three days rather than secure medical treatment."
"Several bruises were observed on the victim's face, forehead, cheek, buttocks, leg and back," Zaino said. "Burns were described on his fingers, wrist, and arm of varying degrees with redness and blistering. He also suffered loss of vision and subdural bruising, which was discovered during a surgery to drain blood and fluid from under the skin around his eyes."
"This is analogous to documenting a search of a house with a movie camera and later viewing the video after the return has been filed," he said in court papers. "The warrant authorized the seizure and search of the Dell computer."
Dow and Linscott were apprehended Nov. 28 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., on the run from allegations by doctors at Exeter Hospital that the boy had been abused.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 0
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424