Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man absolved of child abuse in DCYF hearing wants to use finding in criminal court
Cavan Gardner Moore, 26, is expected to go on trial the week of Oct. 19 in Rockingham County Superior Court on eight counts of second-degree assault for allegedly injuring his two-month-old son.
A judge approved a request by public defenders on Wednesday to access audio recordings of a recent abuse and neglect hearing against Moore regarding the boy’s injuries.
“The court found that the child did sustain injuries as a result of abuse or neglect. However, the court did not find that Mr. Moore caused those injuries,” public defender Kathryn Hyland said in a court motion.
Prosecutors have argued against Moore being released from jail prior to trial, saying he has few or no ties to the state. He was born and raised in Kentucky and living with his wife in the basement of her family’s home prior to his arrest.
She said the witnesses at the DCYF hearing are “the very same witnesses who the state will likely call at Mr. Moore’s criminal trial.”
All of the charges are Class B felonies, each punishable by 3½ to 7 years in state prison. Moore has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483