Home » News » Public Safety
Warner home devastated by fire
Flames were reported at the two-story home of Julian Locke by a cell phone caller at about 3 a.m., said Fire Chief Ed Raymond.
"It was fully involved when we got there, we couldn't save it," Raymond said.
The extent of the damage was so severe that fire investigators don't know where the fire started, much less how it started, he said.
One firefighter, who Raymond did not identify, was taken to Concord Hospital suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion. The injured firefighter returned to the scene to observe later in the morning, he said.
Locke and his family were on vacation overseas and the home was not occupied at the time of the fire, Raymond said. They were expected to return home late Monday or Tuesday, and they have been put in contact with the Red Cross for shelter, he said.
Fire departments from Webster, Contoocook, Salisbury, Boscawen, Henniker, Bow, Sutton and Bradford joined town firefighters in battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072