Lebanon floods: 'Major damage'
“It’s crazy out here right now,” said Christopoulos, who was manning the state’s Emergency Operations Center, set up in response to the flash flooding that swept through.
Christopoulos said that one apartment complex was evacuated and up to 20 residents from Slayton Hill Road sent to a shelter opened to the public at Lebanon High School.
Mike Barwell, media relations manager for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, said the hospital suffered no damage, but the storm cell was “a real gully washer.”
Driving home on Interstate 89, Barwell said that the Mascoma River was flowing well outside its banks between exits 17 and 18.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
- Farmers lament effects of long, snowy winter - 2
- Maple producers hope for weather to turn corner - 0
- Wintry weather for now, but wait until the end of the week - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- I-93 northbound in Londonderry open again after crash - 0
- State Supreme Court hearing arguments in education tax credit case - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 8
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'