Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Center Sandwich nurse accused of fraudulently obtaining drugs
Hunt is accused of fraudulently writing 65 prescriptions for drugs including Oxycodone, Zolpidem, and Alprazolam between October 2011 and June 2013.
Attorney General Joseph Foster announced the board's actions, which are based on a number of allegations, including information that Hunt was planning to begin work for a community health association in Littleton in early July.
Among the allegations are that Hunt used a legitimate DEA number issued to her, but it was from the state of Washington, and the prescriptions were written on a prescription pad for a practice dissolved in 2010.
The board said an Ossipee pharmacist last month reported suspicions about possible drug diversion to New Hampshire State Police.
He reported Hunt was not only writing the prescriptions, but also picking them up. The person whose name was on the prescription reported he was not Hunt's patient and had not received the prescriptions.
The board said Hunt's APRN license was issued in 1994 and her RN license was issued in 1986. Both expire in November.
The board issues emergency suspensions in cases involving imminent danger to public health, safety and/or welfare.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal