Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Sentencing delay for Manchester woman convicted of lying about role in Rwandan genocide
Her first trial ended in a mistrial in March 2012. Munyenyezi, who has been free on bond since April 2012, had been scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but the date was changed because of an attorney schedule conflict.
Federal prosecutors say Munyenyezi, a member of the ruling Hutu party, was a ringleader of its extremist youth militia.
Prosecutors want Munyenyezi sentenced to 10 years in prison, while defense attorneys seek a sentence of less than 12 months, in hopes of enhancing her chances of being accepted for residency by another country. They say deportation to Rwanda could result in severe punishment, if not death.
U.S. District Court Judge Steven McAuliffe revoked Munyenyezi's citizenship after she was convicted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal