Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sentencing delay for Manchester woman convicted of lying about role in Rwandan genocide
Her first trial ended in a mistrial in March 2012. Munyenyezi, who has been free on bond since April 2012, had been scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but the date was changed because of an attorney schedule conflict.
Federal prosecutors say Munyenyezi, a member of the ruling Hutu party, was a ringleader of its extremist youth militia.
Prosecutors want Munyenyezi sentenced to 10 years in prison, while defense attorneys seek a sentence of less than 12 months, in hopes of enhancing her chances of being accepted for residency by another country. They say deportation to Rwanda could result in severe punishment, if not death.
U.S. District Court Judge Steven McAuliffe revoked Munyenyezi's citizenship after she was convicted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 6
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424