Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Two men charged with prowling after banging on Salem woman's window at night
Police responded to 40 Townsend Ave. at 4:42 a.m. on Wednesday after the woman called 911 saying one of the men claimed to have a gun.
No firearm was found when police arrived, and the men later said they had no gun.
Kyle Braciska and Keith Beal, both 19 from Salem, are facing charges disorderly conduct and prowling charges for the incident. Braciska also faces a charge of resisting arrest.
The woman told police that two men dressed in dark clothing were banging on her window. The men claimed to have a gun when she told them that she was calling the police, according to Sgt. Robert Morin.
Police said that the woman never saw a firearm, but patrol units converged on the area and found Braciska and Beal near 72 Townsend Ave. The men were questioned by police and taken into custody.
Police said Beal was extremely impaired by the consumption of what they believe may be Spice, a psychoactive designer drug. Beal was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center and held for treatment and an evaluation, police said.
Braciska told officers that he and Beal were smoking Spice all night and Beal began hallucinating afterward. Braciska claimed he was trying to get Beal to his house when he ran up to the woman's home at 40 Townsend Ave. and started banging on the window, according to police.
Braciska denied he or Beal had a gun, police said.
Braciska was later released on $500 personal recognizance bail. Beal was released on a summons at Parkland Medical Center. The two men will be arraigned on Sept. 9 in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 2
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917