Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man says he made bomb threat to spend time with his kids
Bolton said that Long was trying to dodge a plea-and-sentencing on charges that he created a bogus doctor’s letter to get him freed on electronic monitoring. The letter claimed that Long’s 2-month-old son needed surgery to drain fluid from around his brain.
Long called his wife from jail with instructions on how to create a letterhead and word the letter so that it resembled one that came from an actual doctor who worked at Children’s Hospital in Boston.
One deputy who investigated the bogus letter case also recognized Long’s voice on the 911 call.
Bolton said Long also called in a bomb threat at a Walmart store in Somersworth a day prior to calling in the threat at the courthouse.
Long will have to pay up to $3,000 in restitution, with $2,652 going to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department and the remainder paid to state police for the hours-long response.
The prison sentence Long will serve time on is actually for the jail term he was trying to avoid when he called in the threat. He received a suspended 3½- to 7-year prison term for calling in the threat, and will remain on probation for five years.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424