Home » News » Public Safety
N.C. man hits head on rock while hiking Franconia Notch
James Page, of Yadkinville, fell on the Garfield Ridge Trail Wednesday morning and struck his head on a rock. Rescuers found him conscious, alert and "bleeding quite a lot," according to Fish and Game Sgt. Brian Suttmeier.
Page walked with assistance down the mountain to an ambulance, which took him to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover woman charged after crash into Dover toll plaza - 0
- Thornton woman hit by car in Campton - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
- Boy wounded by bullet was to be released - 6
- Apartment building destroyed in West Stewartstown was home to murder victim Celina Cass - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Deerfield town official resigns - 0
- Manchester aldermen OK three new fire trucks for $1.3 Million - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 0
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072