Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester man attacked with hammer during home invasion
Officers were called to Catholic Medical Center shortly after 2 a.m. Friday to speak with Brian Smithurst, 27, who sustained serious injuries to his head and face in the assault in his girlfriend's apartment at 508 Dubuque St.
Smithurst's girlfriend told police she and several friends were in her apartment when the attackers burst in through the front door.
The girlfriend said the home invaders began assaulting people in the apartment, attacking Smithurst with a hammer.
She told police she did not know the people who broke in, describing them only as several adult Hispanic males and a white adult female. She said the attackers fled after the assault.
Police Sgt. Craig Rousseau said Smithurst was transferred to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon because of the seriousness of his injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483