Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester man attacked with hammer during home invasion
Officers were called to Catholic Medical Center shortly after 2 a.m. Friday to speak with Brian Smithurst, 27, who sustained serious injuries to his head and face in the assault in his girlfriend's apartment at 508 Dubuque St.
Smithurst's girlfriend told police she and several friends were in her apartment when the attackers burst in through the front door.
The girlfriend said the home invaders began assaulting people in the apartment, attacking Smithurst with a hammer.
She told police she did not know the people who broke in, describing them only as several adult Hispanic males and a white adult female. She said the attackers fled after the assault.
Police Sgt. Craig Rousseau said Smithurst was transferred to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon because of the seriousness of his injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917