Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Manchester man attacked with hammer during home invasion
Officers were called to Catholic Medical Center shortly after 2 a.m. Friday to speak with Brian Smithurst, 27, who sustained serious injuries to his head and face in the assault in his girlfriend's apartment at 508 Dubuque St.
Smithurst's girlfriend told police she and several friends were in her apartment when the attackers burst in through the front door.
The girlfriend said the home invaders began assaulting people in the apartment, attacking Smithurst with a hammer.
She told police she did not know the people who broke in, describing them only as several adult Hispanic males and a white adult female. She said the attackers fled after the assault.
Police Sgt. Craig Rousseau said Smithurst was transferred to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon because of the seriousness of his injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917