Hooksett, Manchester seek agreement with mediator to settle school dispute
Korkosz said the two districts have not had any official communication since late last year, roughly around the same time Hooksett filed a breach claim with the state Department of Education in an effort to get its high school students out of Manchester high schools in 2016, due to issues including classroom overcrowding.
“That will have to be discussed before the state Department of Education,” she said.
She added that while the majority of Hooksett’s high school students remain in Manchester schools, dozens of students have requested permission to attend other schools.
“Communication is always a good thing,” Livingston said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'