Feds get Northern Pass route(s)
"We realize this alternative is both politically and emotionally sensitive," the partners state in a July 2 post on their Northern Pass website. "However, the federal (application) process requires an alternatives analysis, and it is important to list any plan that was thoroughly researched and that could be legally and technically viable, as is the case with this alternative."
"Overhead is not a viable option there, and Connecticut Lakes Realty Trust and the New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development would have to consent to the construction of an underground segment across that short distance. For constructability and visibility purposes the underground segment would be approximately 1,100 feet long," the application states.
The application also states that Northern Pass will seek permission to run lines near the Concord Airport on an existing right of way, which was originally designated as an alternative route in the southern section.
The application also describes various alternatives to Northern Pass, and claims that all of them "suffer from some combination of significant technical, economic, legal, environmental and practical challenges that would result in abandonment of the project and would otherwise fail to meet the purpose and need for which the project has been designed."email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New principal appointed at North Elementary School - 0
- New principal appointed in Londonderry - 0
- Students kicked off part of Litchfield playground after engandered birds lay eggs. - 8
- Keene State celebrates Earth Day with trash audit - 2
- Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team - 0
- Plaistow looks at driver education options - 0
- 3 finalists named for NHTI president - 0
- Dartmouth president calls for end of high-risk behavior - 3
- Hallsville School's Tower Clock will be restarted Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’
No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate'
Rep. Kuster talks women's economic issues
George Will: Our adolescent President